Saturday 6 July 2013

Love is celebrated: Journey Jewelry

I have lived in a lot of places across the country and in doing so I have become friends with a lot of people. One of the perks of meeting people from all over is that they tend to be pretty different from one another. You learn different things, discover new styles, and see a different point of view, all things that I help make for a more interesting life. The story I want to relate to you now is about a friend I met out west and how he introduced me to the style of journey jewelry.

My friend had been with his girlfriend for a long time. When I say long, I mean I’m pretty sure they went to their first dance in seventh grade together. Even though they studied at different colleges, they stayed together, still in love with each other. After college, when they were both living in the same town, they knew it was time to do something, to move to the next step. Thing is, these two people aren't the most conventional couple in the world, so the something they wanted to do was something different than the norm. Only thing is that they didn't know what that would be.


They did know that they wanted to celebrate their love with a piece of fine jewelry, so they visited the professional jeweler who had been in their town ever since my friend could remember. They were looking through the collection of affordable jewelry, not really sure what they wanted when the jeweler approached them. They told him their story and without hesitating he pulled out a beautiful gold chain with a small diamond attached. He explained that is journey jewelry, and how it worked was that each passing milestone of their life together, they add another, slightly larger diamond. Immediately they knew it was perfect for them, and when it comes time to buy something unique to celebrate your life together, I think it will be perfect for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment